I'm trying to create a series of filters to check where I have a Year (not modified) but I don't have the Day and or Month for BDMs. I think I'm missing something because I'm not winning.

Hi Neil,

What have you tried? I tried the following which seems to work:

Date - Year does not equal 0 AND

Date - Day equals 0 AND

Date - Month equals 0 END

Those are zeroes for comparison.

Not sure how to avoid modifiers, maybe someone else will have an idea.

Michael

That's what I had intended to do but I'm not seeing the "Date - Day" or "Date - Month" choices under the Subfield when for example I select Birth to filter on

Edited: I remembered/figured out the modifier issue. Amended below.

===========

Sorry, Neil, if I was too brief. Those Date filter settings are not sub-fields, they are main fields. To also restrict to certain types of events you need a compound filter. For your complete filter for a List of Events report I would suggest:

Date - Year		 Does not equal  0	 AND	Date - Day		  Equals		  0	 AND	Date - Month		Equals		  0	 AND	Date				Has No Modifier	   AND(   Tag Type Group is   Birth				 OR	Tag Type Group is   Death				 OR	Tag Type Group is   Marriage		   )  END

Note carefully the parentheses around the Tag Type Group entries.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Edited by Michael Hannah

Michael

The penny has now dropped. I was trying to filter the Project Explorer where those date options aren't available. However, your suggestion to use the List of Events Report will work - thanks.

Glad that helped, Neil. The filters for the PE are somewhat equivalent to those you get with a List of People report. But you were looking for details about specific events, so need a List of Events report. If you then want to create a list of the people with these specific events, you can always set a flag on the Secondary Output of the List of Events report. Then you can either filter the PE using that flag, or create a Focus Group. That might help in working through these people to update their events with any more detailed dates you now have.