JohnR

Error message

I seem to be hounded (well, at least three times an evening) by an annoying error message when I am entering data

File access is denied c:\docume~1\rees\locals~\temp\|s~1\tmg66274018\x_relate.dbf. 20

UTILITY.DELETETMPDATABASE

Sometimes retry works, sometimes abort works, it usually seems to save the data. I have done my housekeeping, dusted the files and hoovered the disk. Can anyone suggest how to get rid of this annoyance?

Did you shut down the computer and restart?

This nag seems to have been around for the past few weeks and has survived a few shut downs.

John,

It is possible that you are getting a complaint from a spyware checking program or something similar which is seeing access to this temporary TMG program as being an illicit activity. Do you have such a program running?

Nick Shelley

Do you have two instances of TMG open when this occurs, perhaps referring to data in one while working in the other?

Virginia

Until yesterday I had only one project!

John,

It is possible that you are getting a complaint from a spyware checking program or something similar which is seeing access to this temporary TMG program as being an illicit activity. Do you have such a program running?

Nick Shelley

All that I use is AVG and Zone Alarm and the message really does look like a TMG one. I didn't have the error yesterday but it popped up twice this morning - maybe I'll just clean out that temp directory and see what happens.

John,

It really does sound like a permissions problem in that temp directory. You might check both the permissions on the directory as well as the permissions on existing files. Could you have run TMG as Administrator for a while and now running as an ordinary user? There might be some files from TMG, or even from some other database program, in that directory that belong to Administrator and TMG as ordinary user cannot overwrite/delete them due to permissions.