iamken

Skipping People

TMG 7.04 Windows 7 64 bit

Got a big problem.

I created a focus group of my relation as follows: Added my father, highlighted him and did his ancestors, more than he has, highlighted all, did all their descendants, more than they have, highlighted all and added spouse's, highlighted all and add one Ancestor.

Then I created a flag and run list of people and secondary output used the flag I created to set that focus group to the flag to a Y.

So Far So Good, I thought.

I have found several families so far that are like this, of a father being my 2nd cousin and only 2 out of his 5 children show up with a Y in the flag, if 2 of his children are my 3rd cousin why isn't the other three.

Also when I run 2nd site I miss some more of naturally other families.

Do I have a timing problem?

Sure would like some help with this

Thanks

Kenny

Got a big problem.

I created a focus group of my relation as follows: Added my father, highlighted him and did his ancestors, more than he has, highlighted all, did all their descendants, more than they have, highlighted all and added spouse's, highlighted all and add one Ancestor.

Then I created a flag and run list of people and secondary output used the flag I created to set that focus group to the flag to a Y.

I have found several families so far that are like this, of a father being my 2nd cousin and only 2 out of his 5 children show up with a Y in the flag, if 2 of his children are my 3rd cousin why isn't the other three.

Thanks

Kenny

I'm not sure that I understand the reason for all this (I guess you're eliminating your mother's family), but:

Are all of the parent/child relationship tags set to Primary? Any that were not primary would be skipped.

Good luck,

Got a big problem.

Thanks

Kenny

I'm not sure that I understand the reason for all this (I guess you're eliminating your mother's family), but:

Are all of the parent/child relationship tags set to Primary? Any that were not primary would be skipped.

Good luck,

Yes

All parent/child relationship tags are set to Primary

Kenny

Kenny,

Did you save the Focus Group? If so, can you look back at the Focus Group and be sure these children are in it? Do all these children have the same mother? Can you observe anything different about them from their siblings?

P.S. Unclear what you mean by "more than he has" and "more than they have"

Kenny,

Did you save the Focus Group? If so, can you look back at the Focus Group and be sure these children are in it? Do all these children have the same mother? Can you observe anything different about them from their siblings?

P.S. Unclear what you mean by "more than he has" and "more than they have"

Michael

When I did the "Ancestor" and "Descendant" in the focus group I made sure that I put in a number greater than him/they would have so I would get "all" of them.

No, the two siblings that are 2nd cousins are not in the focus group but their three siblings are.

I am unable to see any different for all five, I have been looking and trying to find why this is happening for 3 days now, I have tried it on my laptop with the same results, I have re-indexed, validated so many times I think it's getting tired of me.

Those two also show up on my relation> the same as their three siblings.

It's got to be a bug.

By the way, this is happening to others as well.

I will get my magnifier glass out and play detective to see what else I find.

This has got me in a holding pattern for sure.

Kenny