Sign in to follow this  
janice

TMG16 to TMG7.0

I am trying to help a friend install TMG 7.0. He bought FTM 2010 and didn't like what happened when he went from FTM16 to FTM 2010. He has now bought TMG.

He contacted Jim Bryan and he sent him the zip to assist. Thanks Jim. He managed to put the dll files in the correct place. He cannot copy and paste the gbimimprt file by using the mouse or keyboard..

He has tried copy and paste. He tried drag and drop. The error he is getting is that there is an error copying the file. He sent the email to me and I was able to copy and paste to the desktop. Anyone have a clue as to what is wrong.

He has another problem in that although the sampleUS version is working he cannot import his FTM file. It stops after a while. He has a huge number of internal exhibits in FTM16 (probably the maximum) and I am wondering if that is the problem.

I have used TMG since DOS days and not had experience with importing other programmes. I have referred him to Terry's Tips.

I have asked on his behalf because he is waiting for an operation on his eyes and there is some difficulty in reading.

Any ideas. I have suggested to him to contact support. He wants to fix it if he can.

Thanks in anticipation

Janice Cornwell

Melbourne

I realise that Jim. It was when he was trying to replace the app file that he struck trouble. He can not cut and paste t it there.That is when it comes up with the error message érror copying file". We are wondering if it is something to do with his computer, although he managed to cut and post the other two files sucessfully. We are stumped.

Appreciate your reply.

Janice Cornwell

Melbourne

Down Under

Message for Jim, my friend has solved his problem. He opened the file on his laptop and copied the 3 files to the desktop of his main computer. It then allowed him to paste it. It was something on his computer that would not allow him to open the file correctly.

Thank you for your time.

Janice Cornwell

Melbourne Down Under