trm

TMG7 won't open

I reinstalled TMG7 when I bought a new computer with Win7. It worked for while, until I rearranged a top-level directory and it's files..

Now I immediately get an error msg about latmpdir.prg ...unable to find....

What is this file for? Am I suppose to find it?

I tried downloading a new TMG7 ... both as Administrator and my normal user id: Tom Both still failed in the same fashion.

And my old TMG6 doesn't want to load a TMG7 sqz backup file....

Suggestions?

Edited by trm

Tom -

I don't know what the file is that TMG is looking for, but, if you've been using v7 you know it has a strictly-defined system of Data File Storage that you should be familiar with before moving any files. Read Help / Data File Storage and Data File Storage / Advanced.

TMG v7 is not backward-compatible; you will not be able to open a v7 file in v6.

Virginia

Wellllll, I've still got the problem. I thought maybe an "UnInstall" might help. I did that and then downloaded and installed (as the Administrator) a new copy of TMG7. This went pretty well, except it would not accept my registration key. I'm quite certain that same key worked late last year. So, at least now I can reload my sqz backup file; BUT in READONLY. The startup msg said to contact "Support" if it continued failing to accept my key.... But how do I contact Support? I couldn't find a phone number.... and I'm not sure they look at all these forum entries...

And the really curious thing: When I tried to use the newly downloaded TMG7; the the (regular, non-Administrator) Win7 id: (Tom).......... I get that same message (with a Windows Logo) about a missing latmpdir.prg file is missing.

I'm becoming convinced this is Win7, file integrity/security glitch of some kind.

Thanks for your comment Virginia; I didn't expect TMG7 to accept a TMG6 backup... but thought it might do a "partial"...

Edited by trm

This went pretty well, except it would not accept my registration key. I'm quite certain that same key worked late last year.

The most common reason for this is using a different email address than the one you were using at the time you bought the program. The registration key is keyed to the email, so you have to enter the same email address.

The startup msg said to contact "Support" if it continued failing to accept my key.... But how do I contact Support? I couldn't find a phone number....

It is on the Help > Technical Support menu, and also on the Contact Us page on the main section of this site - click on Main Website above, then on Contact Us.