Sign in to follow this  
RWells

GEDCOM

I am exporting just one individual along with several event for this individual.

I would like to be able to include his wife and kids if possible. I think I can do this by flaging the individuals but since I am doing this a lot of time with different individuals this becomes time consuming.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Roger

There is no way to create a standing "order" to add the spouse and children of a target person to an export.

Probably the easiest way to do this is to use a Focus Group to control the export - add the target person to an empty Focus Group, then use the Add Others function to add the spouse and descendants for one generation. But you will have to repeat this for each different target person.

In using the Project Explorer and a filter.

ID number = [?]

Then when I run the filter I key in the individual I want. Then run the filter and select everyone in the filtered list. This gives me what I want even better than I expected.

Then run the gedcom export and all is well..

I can then save the filter. I am still working on this but seems to be as close to what i want as I am going to get.

The focus group worked but seemed to be a little more work.

Roger

Edited by RWells

In using the Project Explorer and a filter.

ID number = [?]

Then when I run the filter I key in the individual I want. Then run the filter and select everyone in the filtered list. This gives me what I want even better than I expected.

Then run the gedcom export and all is well..

But when I close down TMG I loose the filter. Is there anyway to save the filter?

The focus group worked but seemed to be a little more work although you can save the group

Roger

"Save as" on the filter definition screen. When you want to use it again at a subsequent session press "load" and choose the file name you've given it.

Hope this helps.

Robert