Lori Campbell

Weird: record number 0 (zero)

Lori -

I don't have v4 on my computer any more and couldn't find a similar problem report in the archives. Contact tech support to see if they can help:

support@whollygenes.com

I understand your staying with v4. There are some nice features in v7 (and soon v8), but v4 is still an elegant little program, useful as long as you don't run into problems with newer computers and operating systems.

Let us know how you resolve the problem in case the question comes up again.

Virginia

Thanks Virginia, maybe when I upgrade it will magically go away. I hate to upgrade anything because every time I do, there are huge hassles and expenses (not just software but anything in life ha)! It looks like I can just import v4 into v7 though so I will buy it soon. Maybe next week. If I solve the record-zero problem I will post.

Lori -

I don't have v4 on my computer any more and couldn't find a similar problem report in the archives. Contact tech support to see if they can help:

support@whollygenes.com

I understand your staying with v4. There are some nice features in v7 (and soon v8), but v4 is still an elegant little program, useful as long as you don't run into problems with newer computers and operating systems.

Let us know how you resolve the problem in case the question comes up again.

Virginia

Thanks Virginia, maybe when I upgrade it will magically go away.

That's not a good idea. You need to resolve this data issue before you import the data to v7.

That's not a good idea. You need to resolve this data issue before you import the data to v7.

I had the same problem some time back, a year or two

I sent my database to Phil at support, he fixed it and returned it the same day.

Have not had the problem since

Hope this helps

Kenny

Didn't know I could do this. Can I just upload it online or do I have to mail a CD? Thanks.

I had the same problem some time back, a year or two

I sent my database to Phil at support, he fixed it and returned it the same day.

Have not had the problem since

Hope this helps

Kenny

Lori -

Contact tech support by email (address in Post #4 above) and tell them the problem. They will advise you how to send the database - if that is necessary. The solution may be something simple that will allow you to continue with v4 or upgrade to v7. As Jim, says you should fix your v4 problem before upgrading.

Virginia

Will do and thanks again, both of you.

Lori -

Contact tech support by email (address in Post #4 above) and tell them the problem. They will advise you how to send the database - if that is necessary. The solution may be something simple that will allow you to continue with v4 or upgrade to v7. As Jim, says you should fix your v4 problem before upgrading.

Virginia