Sign in to follow this  
Arleen

Deleting Parallels

I am totally frustrated. About a week ago there was an update to parallels 5 and I put that in. That is when TMG started to act up. It started with this error:

There is not enough disk space for \\.psf\home\documents\the master genealogist v7\repeat_files\repeat.fpt. 89REPPUSH

then the options of Abort - Retry - Ignore

The error comes up when I add data and even when I just open a tag to look at what is in it.

I had the data_paths.txt file with two lines entered correctly. The project was saved on the C drive.

Yesterday I had time to try and get things working again and the error still comes up. I deleted TMG from windows, deleted the project and all the files as far as I know from the windows side. Reinstalled TMG and now I get the same error when I try to register the program. I am guessing there are some hidden files on the windows side.

I am ready to just start from the very begining again. If I delete parallels from the mac will that delete everything on the windows partition? The only programs I run on windows are TMG v7, SS, and oo. I have been running windows XP SP3 , Parallels 5 on Snow Leopard. Also do I need to look for any files that were shared on the Mac and delete them also.

I want my program to work again

I don't think you need to remove Parallels, you probably can just remove the existing Windows XP Virtual Machine and start over by setting up a new virtual machine and reinstalling Windows XP... but that may not even be necessary it might be possible to fix the install you have now.

\\.psf\home\documents\the master genealogist v7 ~ indicates you have TMG user files in the Mac Documents folder.

Please copy and paste the contents of your data_paths.txt file in reply to this post it might give me some clues.

Also include the user name that appears on the WINDOWS start menu.

Edited by ggilbert1

Just to note... There is the path issue that Glenn refers to. That suggests that the repeat files path is incorrect.

File / Preferences / Current Project Options / Advanced / Repeat files path

And the error resolution is: File / Maintenance / Initialize Repeat Files