Sign in to follow this  
jchawley

Error Message Ver 7 Parallels Install

I'm attempting to install Ver 7 on a new iMac running Parallels and a Windows 7 operating system. When I attempt to enter data in the registration screen I get a corrupted file error message as follows:

Table '\\.psf\Home\Documents\The Master Genealogist v7\Repeat_files\Repeat.DBF' has become corrupted. The table will need to be repaired before using again.

I have reinstalled the software several times and always get the same error message. I have not followed these boards much in the past - is there anything special that needs to be done for Visat/Windows 7 and or Parallels?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This deals with the specific error message but there are more general issues you might need to know about running TMG under Parallels.

File / Maintenance / Initialize Repeat Files

You should search this forum using the advanced search for the term "Parallels" and read the topics.

You should get further responses from people using Parallels.

You need to use a data_paths.txt file

Please see the TMG Help Topic: Customizing Data File Storage

A two line data_paths.txt file is sufficient

[username]

UserData=C:\Users\username\Documents\The Master Genealogist v7

replace username with the user name of the account you use for the WINDOWS operating system. You will see the username on the Windows Start Menu.

You will need to store your TMG project files in the Windows file tree C:\Users\username\My Documents\The Master Genealogist v7\

You will need to navigate to these folders from Local Disk C: > Users > username > My Documents NOT from the Documents button on the start menu.

Edited by ggilbert1