New Windows 7-64 PC. Installed TMG V7 ok, transferred my project data over ok. Thanks to validate file inegrity was able to my external exhibits references established. Today went to Help-->Check for updates.Got following error message: "No application in C:\p;rogram files (x86)\ the master genealogist v7 is associated with the update engine so it cannot check for updates. Please make sure that this software is installed properly." Any suggestions on a fix?

The solution to the 'Associated Application Not Found' issue is here:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...ost&p=38140

Thanks Jim.

In your referenced forum instructions, it ends with, "Do NOT run "check for update" while running program as administrator". I am the only user on the PC; thus, I am the administrator. Did you mean do not click the "run as administrator" (right click on TMG7 shortcut)? Maybe I messed it up. When I restarted TMG I got the unlock screen again, clicked close, got program up, check for update, got a "check for updats to the Master Genealogist v7 window (that window mentions a proxy....I clicked next and got the update info ok. Do I need to have another account for non-admistrator and re-run the procedure?

What operating system are you running?

In your referenced forum instructions, it ends with, "Do NOT run "check for update" while running program as administrator". Did you mean do not click the "run as administrator" (right click on TMG7 shortcut)?

Yes. You should exit TMG from the procedure that I described before testing 'Check for an update'.

What operating system are you running?

In your referenced forum instructions, it ends with, "Do NOT run "check for update" while running program as administrator". Did you mean do not click the "run as administrator" (right click on TMG7 shortcut)?

Yes. You should exit TMG from the procedure that I described before testing 'Check for an update'.

Jim,

I had to re-enter my S/N when I restarted TMG but that went fine and all ok there. Now when I check for updates, I still get the window containing the proxy option. Just click next and I get to the updates. I can live with that. Thanks.