Rosanna

"Receiving messages"

Hello

I have been meaning to check on what the above is. I found it in help topic but

none the wiser as to where it is located and how I access it.

Can anyone help please?

Help / Message Manager

In Help...

Help Menu / Message Manager

You can control the frequency of checking for messages or turn it off completely in Preferences.

File / Preferences / Program Options / Startup and Exit / Check for messages every _ days

Setting this value to 0 turns the function off.

Help / Message Manager

In Help...

Help Menu / Message Manager

You can control the frequency of checking for messages or turn it off completely in Preferences.

File / Preferences / Program Options / Startup and Exit / Check for messages every _ days

Setting this value to 0 turns the function off.

Thank you. I dont want to turn them off. I want to see these aessages. Where do I find them?

regards

Not the Help topic 'Message Manager' but the Message Manager option on the Help dropdown menu. And the message 'Retrieving messages' does not necessarily mean any messages are being retrieved at the time - but that TMG is just checking to see if there are any new ones. We don't get a lot of messages incoming from WG, but you may find the outgoing options helpful if you want to contact tech support.

See the video (no sound) here.

Virginia

Not the Help topic 'Message Manager' but the Message Manager option on the Help dropdown menu. And the message 'Retrieving messages' does not necessarily mean any messages are being retrieved at the time - but that TMG is just checking to see if there are any new ones. We don't get a lot of messages incoming from WG, but you may find the outgoing options helpful if you want to contact tech support.

See the video (no sound) here.

Virginia

Oh I see - easy thanks. No no messages.

Rosanna

Right, it does not tell you there are 'no messages' - but that might be helpful.

Virginia

Yes I hope the messages will keep me informed of what is happening with Windows compatibility for TMG. I have ghosted 2003 onto an external hard drive in case my computer crashes and I would want to get the new 2010 version.

regards

Rosanna