TerryD

House numbers

I have had a quick search and not found a previous topic on this, but if there is, please point me at it.

If I enter 10 Acacia Avenue, Anyhwere as my first line of an address it sorts next to 10 Cedar Drive, Somewhere. If I enter 9 Acacia Avenue as an address, it could prompt me (using f2) at 9 Cedar Drive which does not alert me that something has already occured in Acacia Avenue.

Is it possible to sort the f2 lookup with numerals being ignored, or as somebody kindly suggested I could put the number in a prefield. I don't want to go through all of the records suffixing the number, Acacia Avenue 10 doesn't llok/sound correct.

Thanks in advance - Terry

Edited by TerryD

Terry

No, there is not a way to have the F2 "Search" function ignore the house number - it is part of the detail.

You could enter the number in the Addressee field, but you would get a comma between the number and street name unless you used a custom Place Style. That seems like it's more trouble than it's worth to me.

I think most users just ignore this little issue. :)

Thanks Terry, I did wonder if I was missing something (as in how to achieve it).

Maybe one for the wish list for another day?

Thanks again - Terry