Sign in to follow this  
Michael Dietz

Losing part of abbreviated name

I have a gentleman whose name is given as U. S. Jamerson in every source I can find him. When I try to create a sentence with only his given name (U. S.) it gets truncated to just the U. portion.

For instance I have a sentence which terminates with"... relevant to the family of [PF] and [POF]." What I get is "... relevant to the family of Ella and U.".

Another example is "U. married Ella Crockett ..." instead of "U. S. married Ella Crockett ...".

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Michael Dietz wrote:

For instance I have a sentence which terminates with"... relevant to the family of [PF] and [POF]." What I get is "... relevant to the family of Ella and U.".

------

Mike, try the variable [PG] which equals Principal, Given name. [PF] = Principal, First name. U. _is_ his first name... I do not know if there is a [POG], though

Jan

Mike, check out Help - Variables (Name Tags) and Variables (Event Tags) - there is a [POG] variable, along with many others... Jan

Help helps.

Keep in mind that the name part that you are referring to is called the Given Name, not the First Name.

[PG] Current Principal, Given name (Robert Joseph)

[PF] Current Principal, First word of given name (Robert)

[POG] Other Principal, Given name

[POF] Other Principal, First word of given name