Marlene Williamson

Burial Year in Children Window

For many individuals I have only christening and burials rather than births and deaths. These are entered as primary tags and there are no Birth nor Death tags at all.. When I look at an individual in the Details: Person window and also have the children window open below, the christening year is shown in the birth column of the children window, but the burial year is not shown in the death column. Is this a setting or is there a way to make this appear?

Marlene

Marlene

The life span shows up from entries in the Birth group of tags and the Death group. Christenings are in the Birth group and hence show up. The std Burial tag isn't in the Death group and hence doesn't show up.

My personal preference is to create a death tag with a sort date a couple of days before the burial and use abt ..... for the death date. I know that some people prefer to create a custom Burial tag in the Death Group for when they don't know the date of death. I'm sure that there are other views as well.

Thanks Neil. As an aside I have just tried creating a Buried tag in the Death group in the hopes that it would now appear in the life span but it still doesn't show in the children window. I'm trying not to have to enter extra dates for more than 2000 individuals so will explore every option first.