Sign in to follow this  
Bizegrama

Serial Number-Entered wrong number, how do I correct?

Recently I had my laptop HD crash for 2nd time & it died a permanent death! I now have a new laptop with Windows 7. In trying to install TMG on new laptop, I inadvertantly placed my a MS Office serial number into the serial number for TMG. These old eyes got off a line when copying the serial number!

Well, now unfortunately, when I try to unlock the dowloaded version it says I need to call support. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Even tried to install on a 16gb jumpdrive, but TMG always sees the wrong serial number I put into it the first time I tried to install it on this laptop. There must be a file I need to delete somewhere through Windows explorer, but can't seem to locate it.

I have two computers which I run TMG on: a Vista desktop and now this Toshiba laptop with Windows 7. I originally had it set up with the program installed on both computers and the data running off the jumpdrive (a 2gb). It worked great since I could switch back and forth as needed.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem or do I need to call support??

(Not applicable to this problem, but the PDF writer work around for Windows 7-works great).

Thanks,

Shirley