Sign in to follow this  
johoman

Can't save to a file Ver 7 W 7 64 bit

I have TMG 6 and now 7 and was going along on XP but computer crashed and new desktop W 7 Professional 64 bit. TMG 7 opens fine but I can't save to any kind of file. I did what a previous poster said about making PDF compatible but made no difference. I was able to print out a Decendant Narrative report but not save it in any kind of file. I was able to save an Ahnentafel file in #.txt format. What is the work around for this!!!!

Output to word processing files is not supported under 64-bit operating systems. You should be able to save a report to .TXT, .PDF or HTML files.

Regarding PDF output... You did follow my instructions in this topic?

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...showtopic=12005

You can also install XP Mode and install TMG7 under the WinXP under XP Mode and output to all file types. XP Mode has a significant performance penalty for routine TMG7 use however.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

There are messages about using XP Mode on the TMG mail list.

The report manager has been completely replaced in TMG8 and word processing output under 64-bit operating systems will be supported.

When will TMG 8 be available?
I'm not going to get close to that one. :unsure:
Will it be backward compatible?
If by that you mean will it run XP, yes. If you mean something else, I don't understand the question.
I do have one XP machine (all others are 7 [64 bit]}.
In that case your best bet may be to run reports to word processor on that machine.

When will TMG 8 be available?
I'm not going to get close to that one. :unsure:
Will it be backward compatible?
If by that you mean will it run XP, yes. If you mean something else, I don't understand the question.
I do have one XP machine (all others are 7 [64 bit]}.
In that case your best bet may be to run reports to word processor on that machine.

Unfortunately the one machine not Win 7 64 bit is a tiny notebook my wife uses. Will TMG 8 run on XP and will it convert TMG 7 data to TMG 8 data? Will there be special pricing for upgrades? Having TMG without being able to print out reports is a bummer.

Unfortunately the one machine not Win 7 64 bit is a tiny notebook my wife uses.

Then your best bets are:

1. Get along with output to printer or PDF.

2. Output to HTML, then copy and paste into Word - some have reported that's workable.

3. Install XP Mode and then install a copy of TMG on that, and run reports from there. It's a bother, but does work.

Will TMG 8 run on XP and will it convert TMG 7 data to TMG 8 data?

Yes, and yes.

Will there be special pricing for upgrades?

There has not been an announcement, but there always has been.

Having TMG without being able to print out reports is a bummer.

That's for sure.