Ron Siem

Source for Church and Cemetery Records

Using TMG v 7.01. Would like to add citations using sources such as cemetery records or records from church books. I looked at the source types (E.S. Mills Evidence types) and see source for either Cemetery Marker or Cemetery Marker (Published). Do not see source type for written cemetery records.

Also have extensive notes/extracts from church records (birth, marriage, baptism/christening, and death). Again I do not see source types for either church records or church birth/death sources.

There is a Church Minute source but that doesn't really fit.

While I understand that the Source List is not intended to be an exhaustive list, I am surprised that these basic sources are not listed as source types.

What is the correct source type that I should use for either the cemetery record and/or the church records?

Thanks for any help.

Ron Siem

The source types in TMG v7.04 are examples designed after the examples in Elizabeth Mills' first book Evidence. You can add as many custom source types as you choose to do so.

Mills' later book Evidence Explained has hundreds of additional examples.

If you ask about particular source types on the mail list, you will get responses with examples of how different users have constructed the source types. And you can find hundreds of examples in the mail list archives.

http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/o...ftware/TMG.html