Karla Huebner

Cookies/2 computers

This isn't that big of a deal, but I'm (as I type on the laptop) preparing the replacement hard drive for my desktop computer, so the thought occurred to me:

Since the forums use cookies and cookies are machine-specific, how much trouble will we cause ourselves accessing the forums by two or more computers? Am I right in guessing that it would be better to use two than more and to use both regularly than to use one primarily and occasionally the other? (That is, for forum use--obviously one would often do otherwise for other purposes.) I mean, I suppose a person could copy the cookies back and forth, but that seems like more trouble than it's usually worth.

In other words, once I get the desktop computer back in business, my guess is that I should pretty much keep the forum traffic on it OR regularly use both it and laptop, and certainly not access forums from lab computers at school.

Since the forums use cookies and cookies are machine-specific, how much trouble will we cause ourselves accessing the forums by two or more computers?

Other than needing to log in, none that I can think of. It's equivalent to erasing the cookies on one machine. There is also a spelling checker cookie for words that you add.