Sign in to follow this  
Moody Miles

Error Message = End of List

When I try to make a descendant box chart and port it to Visual Chart Form, I get the following error:

Error Reading Individual's Name

ID – 31,132

Error Number 1

It will go on and make the chart, but there are no names in the boxes after the 5th generation. It will show dates & places in the boxes, but no names.

ID 31,132 is certainly not the end of the list, as I have almost 80,000 names and the last ID number is about 76,000.

This chart has about 1,500 names.

Any ideas on the problem?

When I try to make a descendant box chart and port it to Visual Chart Form, I get the following error:

Error Reading Individual's Name

ID – 31,132

Error Number 1

It will go on and make the chart, but there are no names in the boxes after the 5th generation. It will show dates & places in the boxes, but no names.

ID 31,132 is certainly not the end of the list, as I have almost 80,000 names and the last ID number is about 76,000.

[/size]

This chart has about 1,500 names.

Any ideas on the problem?

It seems that you used the Save to File option to output your chart. I always use the View in VCF option. View in VCF lets you view and edit the chart and then save it to disk. I never output any chart directly to disk.

The largest descendant chart I have ever successfully done was 4 generations with a bit over 600 people (see http://LAgenealogy.net/Talbot.aspx). I moved components about in VCF and reduced the size to about 8.5 x 200 inches. I generated one with more generations and about 2000 people. It generated OK, but my computer was too slow to move components about, It took over a minute of run time to move one selection of components. I guessed that I had over two thousand moves to make and gave up on that huge chart. I generated several smaller charts instead.

I had 3 gigs of main memory back then (2 gigs now). My data base is comparable to yours with over 87,000 people and 13,000 images.

My first guess at the cause of your problem is insufficient memory. Have you tried to generate with only TMG/VCF running? Can you give more detail on the nature of your chart and machine. How does it compare with the 600+ persons chart linked to, above?

To make a long story short. I don't know, these are just thoughts.

Best wishes and good luck,