Sign in to follow this  
jb2

Exhibit Ordering

Hi,

I've previously added exhibits to persons rather than events.

I have just realised that I should be adding the exhibit to the event (where appropriate), and then it is attached to all persons.

My question is:

How do I sort event exhibits into date order in Exhibit Log?

I used to sort exhibits by unchechecking the Show Event Exhibits and then moving them, but of course this does not work with event exhibits, as they disappear.

Thanks in advance,

John

Hi John,

As described at the bottom of the Help topic "Exhibit Log" you can do the same thing as you did with the Person exhibits.

If you just want to order multiple exhibits in one event, open the Event that has multiple exhibits. Then click on the Exhibit button to open the Exhibit log. Now in the Exhibit log, right click to bring up a menu and click on the option "Enable exhibit log reordering". That should turn on that option. Now just move the exhibits around like you did before.

Alternatively, to reorder all possible exhibits, open the Exhibit log directly, then choose as the Focus "All Exhibits". Now you can turn on the reordering option with the right click menu and move exhibits as you wish.

Finally, if you really want to be sure you have date order (and can see the date), you might think about starting the Exhibit Name with a numeric date code such as: "20110616-" (for today's date) then just sorting on Exhibit Name would put them in date order.

Many options to think about, hope this gives you ideas,