Sign in to follow this  
Martin Davis

v7 saving Reports

In the last year, I have had a computer crash. I bought a new one, with Windows 7. Now, when I try to save a Report, I get a box that pops up saying "WordPort Spawn error" and another which says: "Conversion error #20: Unknown error - Contact tech support." Any ideas what needs to be tweaked welcome!

Martin,

You don't say, but I'd assume your new computer uses a 64-bit version of Windows. As previously discussed here at some length, the word processor output portion of TMG7 is not compatible with 64-bit Windows. TMG8, which is in development, does solve this problem. In the meantime, you have the following alternatives:

1. Output in other formats. Output to printer, PDF, and HTML all work. Some have found it workable to output to HTML and then copy the text to a word processor, though not all features are supported in that mode. If you don't need to edit the finished report PDF output works fine, though some find they have to follow a specific procedure outlined in one of the topics pinned at the top of this forum to set that feature up.

2. Install TMG7 on another computer using a 32-bit version of windows, such as a laptop, and run your reports to word processor on that system.

3. You can, if you have one of the upper tier versions of Windows, install something called XPMode, which is actually a 32-bit version of Windows XP, install TMG7 on that, and run your reports to word processor from that. Installing XPMode is free, except for the cost of the more advanced version of Windows, but is a bit complex and clearly not for everyone.