Sign in to follow this  
blomble

Filter problem

One filter = One result in Picklist and a different one in Report.

All works well except for the fact that my "Orphan" filter gives 1295 names when using Expanded Picklist, and 2318 names when using the same filter within Report - List of People.

It seems that the Report version includes assumed "Married Names" whereas the Picklist does not (& that is, of course, the one I want).

Any thoughts?

Mark

------

Picklist Filter:

Picklist%20Filter.jpg

Report Filter:

http://familytree.dearnley.com/images/Report%20Filter.jpg

Mark,

The issue is that for the Picklist you have the "Primary Names" option checked at the bottom. But there is no such option when using this filter in reports. Instead, you can check the four boxes in front of the "Name Group..." elements to make the filter pick up only the primary names.

Mark,

The issue is that for the Picklist you have the "Primary Names" option checked at the bottom. But there is no such option when using this filter in reports. Instead, you can check the four boxes in front of the "Name Group..." elements to make the filter pick up only the primary names.

I tried that Terry, but then I only get a result of 543 names.

There are over 240 surname spelling variations in my database, so to help indexing, all the entries have one of the 4 major "Name-Var" options. I really need a "Primary Name" checkbox on the first filter line (Surname).

Mark,

I tried that Terry, but then I only get a result of 543 names.

There are over 240 surname spelling variations in my database, so to help indexing, all the entries have one of the 4 major "Name-Var" options. I really need a "Primary Name" checkbox on the first filter line (Surname).

Just realized that the above is the answer - Switched the first line from "Surname" to "Name Group / Surname" and that gave me a check-box.

Problem solved. Thanks Terry