Jump to content


Photo

Failure during upgrade to TMG 8.01

bbListViewV.ocx

  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Robert Jacobs

Robert Jacobs
  • Senior Members
  • 308 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ellensburg, WA, U.S.A.
  • Interests:Computers, hiking, formal shooting competition

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

By "as instructed" do you mean that you downloaded the installer anew from the web site and tried to install it? There should be no need to install as administrator or set compatibility, by the way.

What is the state of your machine now? If there is a partial or unsuccessful installation of version 8 or 8.01 I recommend that you uninstall it and start over with the download from the web site. Accept the "typical" installation if you are satisfied with the default directory structure; if you wish to install in a different directory then you will have to do the "custom" install.

As I understand it, WG is working on smoothing the installer so that this problem don't arise again. As you say, it is annoying -- but fortunately it is also surmountable.

Hope this helps.


Robert

Edited by Robert Jacobs, 20 February 2012 - 01:54 PM.


#22 retsof

retsof
  • Senior Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

I updated 8.01 to 8.02 successfully but an issue is still there.

In the search, some records indicate birth and death dates and some do not.

In a small project with identical records, both contain the same birth and death dates.
The seach by name and birth date record had one with name only, and another record with name and birth and death.

I merged these two records without deleting anything.
After that the search had the two duplicate entries of name, birth date and death date, as it should.
I can now delete the duplicate entry, but the search is lacking.

In the meantime, I will run an optimize, vfi and optimize to see whether it makes any difference. It didn't before, and I have only updated a couple of records.
I am not messing with my primary project at all now.

#23 Robert Jacobs

Robert Jacobs
  • Senior Members
  • 308 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ellensburg, WA, U.S.A.
  • Interests:Computers, hiking, formal shooting competition

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "the search is lacking." For what are you searching, and how are you attempting to do it?


Robert

#24 retsof

retsof
  • Senior Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

I am searching the picklist by surname, given name and birthdate.

The search display has surname, given name, birthdate and deathdate displayed.

After the optimize, vfi and optimize with no problems found,
a new search has the birthdate and deathdate REMOVED from the search, but is still in the particular record I had merged.

"Search" is an icon with a picture of a binocular.
Mouse rollover is "Picklist of people".

There are also a couple of choices for picklists, and this is the simple picklist.

The search worked correctly for this and other projects in V7, but this issue appeared with V8.00, V8.01 and V8.02.

Edited by retsof, 04 March 2012 - 04:33 PM.


#25 Robert Jacobs

Robert Jacobs
  • Senior Members
  • 308 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ellensburg, WA, U.S.A.
  • Interests:Computers, hiking, formal shooting competition

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Mine is working OK with 8.02. Is it possible that the picklist columns for which you are looking have become smaller? Their width is adjustable by dragging the little vertical boundary bars at the coloumn headings.

R.

#26 retsof

retsof
  • Senior Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

No, the width of columns on the search page is the same.

I also went into the search and dragged the columns wider. The ones that already had a date were there, but others with dates in the record did not show them in the search.

I later also dragged the widths smaller. Even at a width of only one number wide, I could still see part of a birthdate or deathdate, if the record had one.

After the merge of records I inspected individually, the birth date and death date were added.

After an optimize, VFI and optimize, the birth date and death date were removed.
It is all somewhere weird. At least data isn't being changed in the record itself, just the search.

I can get the dates added to the search if two identical records are merged and the record ID changes. Playing with the date field or some other data does not make a difference. Birth and death dates stay blank in the search, which sort of makes the search useless if checking for birth dates.

Edited by retsof, 05 March 2012 - 09:44 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users