Tombird

Printing on 2 sides

I have the 30 day trial of TMGv8 and cannot print on both sides of 8 x 10 paper. What am I doing wrong or does it support printing on both sides of paper.

Are you trying to print a report directly, or from the Screen Preview? Are you not able to access the printer Properties (Preferences from the Screen Preview Print screen)? You should be able to select double sided printing there if your printer supports it. Does that not work for you?

I have been trying to print a compressed pedigree, checked print on both sides, flip on long edge and nothing happen. Just tried it again and it printed all but 1/4 of front side did not print. Sounds like printer. This is a new HP PhotoSmart 6510. I will keep trying and let you know. (???) Tom

There is some discussion on the HP site about a problem with that printer when printing on both sides. One solution that seemed to help several people is below; not sure whether it applies to your problem or not::

"In the print window that pops up after you select File>Print, select Paper Handling. Click in the check box to select "Scale to fit paper size". That allows you to select the Destination Paper Size. Select from the pull-down menu US Letter, then US Letter Two-sided margins. Now when you go to Two-sided Printing, you can click on the check box to select Print Both Sides. But before you click "Print", save the whole thing as a Preset so that it's much quicker to do it next time!"

Virginia

Thanks Virginia, I was setting Preferences (2 sided) before I created Program. When I created Program, Preferences went back to a default setting, which was Photo Paper that could not be printed on both sides. Thanks for support Terry. Tom