Sign in to follow this  
Daryl Edmonds

Search for exhibits

I think I know the answer, but will ask, anyway.

If I have, for example, people who have served in the armed forces, and I have attached exhibits to some of them, is it possible to do a search, in TMG, for the ones that don't have an exhibit attached? I haven't been able to find a way, but perhaps I'm missing something. :no:

Daryl,

Assuming the Exhibits in question are attached to people, and not to, say events, and assuming you have some way to identify the people who served in the armed forces, you can do that with the List of People report.

Use a filter starting with:

# of Exhibits .... = Equals .... 0 .... AND

then add a term identifying those who served in the military. For example, you might add term looking for a Mil-Serv tag if you use one, like:

Mil-Serv... .... # of Tags .... > Is greater than .... 0 .... END

Other than # of Tags, the "# of.." properties in the search engine in TMG is something I've never explored closely. Since I've been using the programme since Ver.4, that's a bit embarrassing. I can see I could make more use of this. Although, it would be nice to be able to search for exhibits attached to events, as well.

Thank you, Terry.

Although, it would be nice to be able to search for exhibits attached to events, as well.

Use the List of Events report and the 'Number of exhibits' filter.