• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Linda891

Linda891
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

I installed my TMG v7 on my new Windows 7 laptop and now cannot backup v7. The

program tries to find "Documents" folder but Windows 7 uses "My Documents" and I

keep getting an error that it can't find the place to save and I can't change the

destination. I didn't install the program, I reinstalled everything on my computer from

my external had drive after my old computer crashed. How can I fix this problem?

#2 Terry Reigel

Terry Reigel
  • Moderators
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Linda,

With the project open, go to Preferences (File Menu) and in the Current Project Options > Advanced section, change the Backups path to a valid path. Do that clicking on the [ ... ] button to the right of the path and navigating to the place you want the backups to be located. While you are there, change the other paths to valid locations too.

Terry

See my Tutorials and Articles on using TMG at tmg.reigelridge.com

The Second Edition of my book, A Primer for The Master Genealogist, is still available
. For more information see my website.

#3 Linda891

Linda891
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

I tried this and the path is correct, but I still get the error message when I try to back up:

Memo File c:UsersLindaDocumentsThe Master Genealogist v7ProjectsCARLSON FAMILY_I.FTP is missing or is invalid.

#4 Terry Reigel

Terry Reigel
  • Moderators
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Linda,

That sounds like an entirely different issue than what you described above. Hopefully one of our members more familiar with such issues can help.

Terry

See my Tutorials and Articles on using TMG at tmg.reigelridge.com

The Second Edition of my book, A Primer for The Master Genealogist, is still available
. For more information see my website.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Backup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users