V9 Restore - doesn't put projects into project file

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Phyl

Phyl
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

When installing my projects from V8 to V9, it doesn't go to a project file with the project name but it loads from the lists on the bottom.  What do I do to get them to show in the project file.

#2 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

What you are saying is not at all clear.

If you restored a v8 backup to v9, the project will be restored by default to the v9 projects folder.

If you want to restore the project to a subfolder in the projects folder, you will need to create that subfolder when you restore.

To open a project in the v9 projects folder, you can use File / Open.

For any project that you restore to v9, you should open the Preferences / Advanced tab and make sure that all of the paths are set to the v9 paths. 

#3 Virginia Blakelock

Virginia Blakelock
  • Moderators
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Phyl -

The list at the bottom is of last used projects.   As Jim said, use File/Open (Ctrl-O) to open a project in the v9 projects folder.

Virginia

Win7 Professional x64

#4 marypeebles

marypeebles
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

I am having a similar issue.  When I upgraded first to 8.08 and then to 9.01 it took my data from 8.08 into 9.01 with no update.  It now cannot find the file to do a backup.  It is still saved to the version 7 project folder.  How do I correct this.?

Thank you.

Mary

#5 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

I would use Windows Explorer to copy your project from the v7 projects folder to the v9 projects folder.

In v9, use File / Open to open the project for the first time.

And, once you open the project in v9, open the Preferences / Advanced tab and make sure that all of the paths are set to the v9 paths. 

#6 Amelie

Amelie
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

I had a similar problem. One project transferred correctly. The other did not. I've got it figured out on my own, but it was a hassle I wouldn't care to repeat.

#7 marypeebles

marypeebles
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

Yes, the above did not work for me either.  I think I now have it in the version 9 project folder but when I go to back it up it gives me an error message saying that it is an invalid path.  If you hit ignore 2 times it will back it up.  From what I can tell all my data for this project is there.  The other 3 projects went over just fine. 

#8 Virginia Blakelock

Virginia Blakelock
  • Moderators
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

In Step 2 of the Backup Wizard (Select backup file), do you have the backup path set correctly for the v9 backups location?

In Preferences / Current Project Options / Advanced, do you have the backup path set correctly for that project for the v9 backups location?  Check that all those paths are set to the v9 paths.

Virginia

Win7 Professional x64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users