RobL

PDF Printer not activated, error code -30

I know this would crop up with TMG 8, but I have just gotten a new Windows 8.1 VM on a new laptop.

Fresh install of TMG 9.01. Restored project. Dealt with exhibit folder pointing to the wrong place.

Trying to print a "Descendant Boxed Chart" to the PDF printer.

Getting the error message: Printer not activated, error code -30.

Have removed the printer, reinstalled via TMG, rebooted, tried printing again, same error.

The Port was already set to NUL:

Any other steps to enable/activate this printer?

--Rob

Rob -

I assume you created the chart in VCF and then tried to print to the default TMG PDF printer. I do not believe that will work - and I get the same error message. You are able to print charts to one of the virtual PDF printers (BullZip, PDF995, etc.) - all free for the download. See the pinned message re printing charts to PDF at the top of the VCF forum here.

Virginia

Hi Virginia,

Yeah, I suppose I can download PDFCreator or some other one, but isn't this something that should be "fixed" in TMG 9 by now? I mean we've gone through a couple of licensed versions of Amyuni's code at this point.... Shouldn't this get better by now?

--Rob

Hi Virginia,

Yeah, I hadn't tried other reports yet, but just did a non-VCF report and the PDF printer works fine.... So, it is just VCF.... Still annoyed that Wholly Genes hasn't fixed this after how many years?

--Rob