Photo

Report criteria to find multiple Father-Biological and/or Mother-Biological tags

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Stone

Dan Stone
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:My website: http://www.danstone.info

Primarily researching Stone and Wade lines of Monongalia County, Virginia [now West Virginia]

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

During the course of merging some duplicate people in my TMG project, I've ended up with people who have additional Father-Biological and/or Mother-Biological tags. Since the person recorded in the additional tag is the same as the father/mother recorded in the father/mother entry at the top of the Details window, I thought it was ok to simply delete the extra tag. Instead, I've discovered that the deletion of the extra tag is also eliminating the link to the father/mother, despite their name still displaying in the father/mother field at the top of the Details window. After deleting the extra tag, if I double click the father/mother field at the top of the Details window, the tag entry screen shows Parent as 0 (zero) instead of the correct TMG ID number for the parent.

One result of this is that for any of these instances, my website generated by Second Site will not list a person's parent on their person page, but viewing the person's mini pedigree via the Family Explorer button will correctly show the parent. Not a fault of Second Site, but a fault of my error in deleting the additional Father-Biological and/or Mother-Biological tags.

I'm now trying to go back and restore the link to the parents for those people who had additional Father-Biological and/or Mother-Biological tags that I deleted, as well as to find those who still have additional tags that need to be corrected. I've tried generating a List of People report using a variety of filtered group criteria, but have been unsuccessful in finding the right criteria for the two reports I need to run. One report to locate the people who have a parent displaying at the top of the Details window but where the tag entry screen shows Parent as 0 (zero), and another report to locate the people with multiple Father-Biological and/or Mother-Biological tags where I have not yet deleted the extra tag. I'm not sure if a report can even detect the first scenario.

Any help, ideas, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

#2 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

It makes no sense that deleting a non-primary relationship tag would affect the primary relationship tag in any way. Are you sure that those people has a relationship tag marked primary to start with?

You should be able to search for people with fathers or mothers with the ID number = 0.

List of People

filter

Father-Bio Parent ID = 0 OR

Mother-Bio Parent ID = 0 END

#3 Dan Stone

Dan Stone
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:My website: http://www.danstone.info

Primarily researching Stone and Wade lines of Monongalia County, Virginia [now West Virginia]

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for your reply, Jim. Although I thought I had duplicated the problem prior to starting this thread, I have been unable to replicate the problem since seeing your post and checking to see if the relationship tag may not have been marked primary. Not sure what I may have done wrong, but there's a possibility that whatever it was cleared itself upon shut down and reboot. That should have been the first thing I checked, as the few times I've come across what I thought was an anomaly in TMG, a shut down and reboot has resolved the issue. Sorry to have needlessly taken up your time and thanks again for the assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users