Sign in to follow this  
laura1814

"An error happened when opening the data tables."

I just updated to v9.03 yesterday, but this problem is unrelated to that, as far as I can tell.

The power blinked. I have a UPS/battery backup, but for some reason, the UPS beeped and shut down my system.

At the time, I was entering a new person.

On restart, I got the error message: "An error happened when opening the data tables."

TMG shut down. I restarted it, and it entered Repair Mode. It then recreated the indexes, and then gave me the same error message. (Repeated several times.)

Is there an external repair or validate utility I can run?

Please help!

Thanks, Jim. I don't want to hear that, because I last backed up two days ago and I've done a lot of work since then! :(

I found the file _OpenPRJ.log in the project's folder, and it reports:

23-07-14, 16:32:58 >ERR. File [project path and name]_E.dbf not open

I've been using TMG for 20 (?) years and I've never had a significant data loss that I recall. :(

There's really nothing I can do?

Sounds like the E-table is damaged. It might be possible to repair it but there would be data loss.

You need to backup every work session and, for very long sessions, more than once so that any data loss is minimized.

You're right, of course. I back up regularly, but not usually religiously. I hope tech support can repair the data table(s) today.