Elizabeth

TMG 9.03 error msgs re. printer and font

I have begun to get error messages when trying to open a tag. The first msg says "error initializing printer". I click OK. The second msg is "error creating font". I have to click OK 8 times to close this error box. The tag opens, but the memo box is blank even though I had a memo typed in. I close the tag and the memo is visable again. Is this a problem within TMG or is it a problem with the printer/settings? I have not seen these error msgs in any other program. Thanks.

Virginia,

I use a laptop with OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I have a HP laserjet 1022 printer attached. That is the selected default printer.

I have also discovered that the error messages are intermittant. I tried the same tag several times and got the messages. Then I tried the same tag again and got no error message and was able to add to the memo already in the memo field.

I'm the first to admit I'm not really computer savy, but I'm not clear why I'm getting a printer error msg when I'm not trying to print anything.

Thanks to all who are trying to help.

Elizabeth

There have been a couple of reports of this problem with TMG, and if you Google for the error message you will find incidents of it in other programs. I would check the Start / Devices and Printers, rightclick on that printer icon and then Troubleshoot - if you have that option. It would not hurt to update your printer driver if need be. Let us know if you find a resolution.

Virginia

I may have found the solution to the error messages. Even though I had already done it, I went back to HP website and updated the drivers for the printer. I stopped getting the error msgs re. initializing the printer. But, I still got the font creation error msg. Although I had never altered the fonts in Windows, I went to the font folder in control panel and clicked the restore default font settings button. So far, I have not seen either error msg. I hope this solves the problem, because those error msgs were really annoying.