Photo

editing recently opened files list

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 argothor

argothor
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order - genealogy (after all this is a genealogy site), photography, hiking, alpine skiing and home brewing. <br /><br />Families I'm researching include - Baynes, Dellinger, Hartley, Humphreys, Keller, Moffatt, Nicodemus, Reed, Shigley, Spangler, Stipp, Strong, and others. <br />

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

Is there a way to edit the recently opened files list when you click on "File"?  I have two files with extremely long path and file names that I don't need to open up again that show up and I'd like to delete those from the list so the width of that pull down screen isn't so wide.  I'm assuming I need to edit a particular information file but I don't want to just randomly start opening up files to edit.

Thanks for any help that you might have to offer.

Roger

#2 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

Check the beginning of the app.ini. The list is in the [Database] section and can be edited with a text editor.

C:\Users\useraccountname\AppData\Roaming\The Master Genealogist v9\app.ini

#3 argothor

argothor
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order - genealogy (after all this is a genealogy site), photography, hiking, alpine skiing and home brewing. <br /><br />Families I'm researching include - Baynes, Dellinger, Hartley, Humphreys, Keller, Moffatt, Nicodemus, Reed, Shigley, Spangler, Stipp, Strong, and others. <br />

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Perfect!  Thanks Jim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users