I am trying to convert to Legacy 9.0, unfortunately TMG 7 will not produce reports in MS Word.

It only reads TMG v9 files.

Is there any way to get TMG 9?

Ken

Is this the issue?

From TMG 9 help...

Note: If you are using Microsoft Word 2013, you should choose the Rich Text Format (RTF) file type to save the report rather than the Microsoft Word (DOC) file type. This tabular report is not compatible with the table structure used in Microsoft Word 2013.

This applies to Word 2013 and later and .DOC files produced by TMG 7 and later.

You may need to save your TMG reports as .RTF files rather than as .DOC files.

Also note that you have a 30-day trial period after first running TMG9 that should be enough time to do the move to Legacy.

btw... I see that Legacy 10 is finally in beta testing.

Ken,

Is your issue how to get reports to Word from TMG 7? If so, Jim's reply tells you how to deal with that.

Or is your issue how to do a direct import from TMG to Legacy?

Just to note... This error occurs during the process of transferring the TMG data into the raw format used by the report engine to build the output file. I have no way to debug this process.

You can output to a .DOC file for the Descendancy Narrative Report since this report is not form based. I wouldn't be surprised if you got the same error.

You could also try a Journal report to either a .DOC or .RTF file.

Be sure to run the maintenance routines (optimize, Validate File Integrity, optimize in that order) and, if necessary, run the installer and select [Repair].