Sign in to follow this  
Mary L

Missing Exhibit Files

Was wondering if one of you experts could help me. So I have a large Exhibit file and when I do a backup on a project I get a message that backup was complete but "5 Exhibit Files not found". What does this mean?   Thanks a bunch!

Mary

Run File / Maintenance / Validate File Integrity. Select 'Search for missing external exhibits'. Make sure that it has your exhibits folder selected.

After VFI completes, exit TMG.

Check the 'Last VFI.log' file in the project folder. That should identify the missing external exhibits.

(If you've ever used the exhibit edit feature, the last version of the exhibits that were edited could be missing and that can be a permanent missing exhibits error that's of no real consequence.)

Hi Jim,

I did as instructed but when I look at the log I do not see a "Last VFI.log" file.  I see file types of CDX, DBF and FPT but no VFI.  BTW I have never used the exhibit edit feature.  Just for my own curiosity/information what does the exhibit edit feature do and how do you access it?  thanks....Mary

The name of the file is 'Last VFI.log'. The filetype is .'log'.

You can edit image files in the Exhibit Log. It is always better to use an external image editor rather than this built-in editor.

I did a bit more digging and found it.  I was actually looking for it in the Projects Folder but it is in the Backup folder both in the TNG v9 folder.  thanks a bunch!! Problems found and soon to be solved!

Mary

Hey Jim, I found and fixed 4 of the "Missing Exhibit Files" When I back up I now get 1 missing exhibit file.  So in the log it is simply named "Project1.jpg" and image #268. I have tried to find it searching in TMG but was unable to do so. Any ideas on how to find/delete it?  Thank ag ain.

Mary

That's the name of the file. Check the folder where your exhibit files are stored. Of course, if it's missing, it won't be there.