bil

Newly installed on new computer....very slow

Hi.  I just purchased  a new computer (Windows 11) and I am having troubles installing TMG (gold  v 9.05).

I have all the data restored (I think!) but it takes nearly 30 minutes to download and open.  It used to open almost straight away.  Any thoughts on what I can do to solve this problem please?

I have uninstalled TMG and then reinstalled it.   At first it went ok but the next time I opened it it went really slow....like  half and hour to open!  Any help would be appreciated, thanks

I'm afraid I can't help you with this issue, but you might find help if you post on the TMG list on IO groups. There has been discussion there on similar issues with Trend Micro Security software and TMG, among other programs.

Terry is right. A number of external applications (anti-virus, anti-malware, syncing, real-time-backup, etc.) have been found to interact with TMG and cause problems.

This is a likely cause of your issue. You need to work through there applications and determine if you can resolve the problem.

Many thanks Terry and Jim....I really appreciate your help.  I shall try and experiment with some of the possible applications that you have suggested.  I do have Trend and it is possible that I need to close it down while I reinstall TMG.  Anyway, thank you both so much for your suggestions     Bil

According to the reports on the TMG list, this issue with Trend is not related to installation, but continues every time you use TMG. The user who first reported the issue says he is in conversation with Trend and they are working  on the issue, but at last report have not fixed it. They say the issue is not just with TMG , but also impacts a few other programs. 

You may want to read the posts on the TMG list to understand what is going on. At least some of the posts have the subject "Trend Micro Security software interference".

You can access the TMG List at https://tmg-l.groups.io/g/main

Many thanks Terry.  I incorrectly applied to the TMG downunder group and I am now trying to subscribe to the main one....which you suggested.

I appreciate your help    Bil