jtc

Export to genealogy.wikicities.com?

Have you read the disclaimer at the bottom of the edit window? In particular the second sentence!

"Please note that all contributions to Genealogy are considered to be released under the GNU Free Documentation License (see project:Copyrights for details). If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here.

You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource. DO NOT SUBMIT COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION!"

It is possible for anyone to edit ANY entry, you don't even have to register as a user .... :devil:

Have you read the disclaimer at the bottom of the edit window? In particular the second sentence! 

"Please note that all contributions to Genealogy are considered to be released under the GNU Free Documentation License (see project:Copyrights for details). If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here. 

You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource. DO NOT SUBMIT COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION!" 

It is possible for anyone to edit ANY entry, you don't even have to register as a user ....  :devil:

Thanks for posting that! I've gotten really mean about sharing "recent" information, as people don't even ask before they send my data off to Ancestry.com, WFT, etc. -- all without source attribution.

Has anyone looked at using Genbridge to export data to http://genealogy.wikicities.com? It looks to be a great collaborative site for genealogy, but I'd like to not have to hand-enter my data. Thanks.

That's a pretty strange site! I really like the part about collaborating for genealogical information "across four Hemispheres". Since a "hemisphere" is by definition half of a sphere, I guess they're tabulating data for two entire planets :rolleyes: .