LornaHenderson

repeat list for citation memo

can anyone replicate this?

When using F3 to repeat the last citation, you have to also tab to the memo and use the repeat key to bring in the related memo, (which I'm in two minds about as to whether or not the first F3 should bring in all the related bits to the citation being repeated)

BUT, the repeat list for the memo protion doesn't seem to put the last used to the top, ever, in my experience

Addenda:

Although it will put newly input memos at the top, not previously input ones brought up via F3 however

Edited by LornaHenderson

I don't commonly use the citation memo, but in brief tests, I find that F3 brings up the most recently used memo. Could you offer more detail about what you are doing and how it goes wrong?

I don't commonly use the citation memo, but in brief tests, I find that F3 brings up the most recently used memo. Could you offer more detail about what you are doing and how it goes wrong?

I'm not using it much either, but am noticing the following: (this is after a restart of TMG)

Noticed that a father tag wasn't sourced.

Opened burial tag to to put it's citation into repeat list

F5 to bring up citation (which had a memo)

F9 (twice - once to close citation, 2nd to close burial tag)

tabbed to Father, enter to bring up father tag (which had no citations)

F4 to open citation

F3 to copy in the citation above

BUt this only brought in the detail, not the associated memo (which I think is also a bug, or at least undesirable)

tabbed to memo, ctrl+F3 to check repeat list, one I wanted wasn't there

F9 to close

Back to burial tag, and F5 to bring up citation again

tabbed to memo, added a space at the end of it to get it into repeat list,

F9 to close

Back to father, F5 to open citation

tabbed to memo and F3 to add in newly "entered" memo, which, being newly entered, was indeed at the top of the list.

Then I added another citation, again from a repeat list, again, missing it's related memo (2nd on the list when I looked via Ctrl+F3)

tabbed to the memo, ctrl+F3 and selected the 2nd citation memo from the repeat list

By my reckoning, having brought in this last memo via the repeat list, it should now be showing at the top of the list.

I went back in to check, and it isn't, it's still 2nd to the one above that got to the top of the list via the keying of the extra space.

SO, I'm seeing that entries only get to the F3 repeat list for Citation memos by being keyed, not by being "used" via a repeat.

With me?

Previously I wasn't having to check the repeat list to see if the required memo was there, I knew it was, having just used it, but always had to repeat the use of F3 to cycle down to it. The first few times I didn't really think about it, then realised that no, it really should be at the top of the list as I've just used it, and started taking more notice of what was happening.

Does that help?