mjr0108

Formatting Variables

Maybe I am just looking in the wrong place in the help file but I cannot find anywhere that tells me how to format variables.

I assume it was the same as text and so set <([PARO])> with the italics setting of [iTAL:][:ITAL] around the outside of it and the only thing that ended up in italics was the first "("

How do I format variables in a sentence to better manage the look and feel of the output?

Thanks

Mike :wacko:

Mike,

You can use the formatting codes ([iTAL:], etc.) in memo text as well as other places but it usually doesn't work using the specific syntax of your example.

You can control the font of the basic data types (names, places, dates, etc.) using the "Fonts" tab of the Report Options window. You get to Report Options by clicking the[Options...] button on the Report Definition Screen.

Maybe I am just looking in the wrong place in the help file but I cannot find anywhere that tells me how to format variables.

I assume it was the same as text and so set with the italics setting of [iTAL:][:ITAL] around the outside of it and the only thing that ended up in italics was the first "("

Using the font formatting codes around sentence variables is not recommended because the result varies depending upon where you send the report. I've found you get the result you describe if you send the report to screen or printer, but you get the result you were expecting if you send it to a word processor file.