koornalla

Adding People Issue

Hi all,

I remember seeing the fix for this problem on this Forum but cannot seem to locate it again. I am running TMG 6.3 (UK Edition).

I recently consolidated all my Projects into one project as they are for the one surname. My pre-existing dataset in the target project plus several other datasets that I have created since the consolidation in this target project work fine. The problem is with the datasets that I have imported into this target project. For these datasets, after they have been imported, when I go to add a person, I get a slightly different template appearing. In the ""Type" column, instead of seeing "Name-var", "Birth" and "Death", I see "Annulment", "Father-Oth" and "Mother-Bio". The existence of this non standard template causes major problems. For example, if I add a "wife" to a male in the dataset the resultant tag is "Mother-Ado"

The import method I used was exactly how Terry Reigel recommends on one of his TMG tips pages. I have tried merging projects that were pre UK edition and I have tried merging having first converting them to UK edition. I have installed TMG on another PC and repeated the process with the same result. I have also tried to add people after running all standard TMG maintenance tasks, with no luck.

In short the datasets are useless after using the Terry Reigel's method to add datasets to this target project by merging projects.

As I said I have seen this problem reported before on this forum.

Help appreciated.

:wub:

Edited by koornalla

The problem is corruption of the Add Person template after the project merge and I've reported this.

After the merge, select a person in the new data set to place the focus on that data set.

Use Add Person. (for example... Add / Unrelated)

Click [setup]

Click [Reset template]

Click [OK]

Finish adding your person (or cancel).

That will reset the Add Person template for the data set and correct the problem. You need to do that for each of the data sets added by project merge in your current CONSOLADATED THURLEY project.

More...

Here's what is going on. There is no bug.

At some point, the Add Person template for data set #1 got damaged. When a project merge was done, the Add Person template from data set #1 was propagated to the newly merged data sets. That explains why all merged data sets have the problem.

If you reset the Add Person template for data set #1, the problem goes away. Now all newly merged data sets will have normal Add Person templates.

Of course, you need to reset the Add Person templates for all existing merged data sets.