iamken

Photo's missing in Journal report

After 2 months of trial and error to get a good journal for my book I finally figured out the last thing keeping me from printing, why some of my photo's are missing.

I tried Word Perfect 12, it really sucks, I dumped it and went back to MS Word.

I made a list of the 56 photo's missed and all do not have a birth tag, I find nothing in HELP that says I have to have a birth tag or did I miss something. Should I just put a birth tag in with no date or is this a bug?

Thanks

Edited by iamken

I made a list of the 56 photo's missed and all do not have a birth tag, I find nothing in HELP that says I have to have a birth tag or did I miss something.

You didn't provide enough information. What are the photos linked to? Are they primary person photos? Have you used the correct report options? Etc. You need to describe all of the conditions involved. Is the issue the data or the report definition? Have you tried resetting the report definition to default and making as few changes as possible to send a Journal report with images to Word and then see if the images are present?

If I go to a person with a primary person image and delete that person's Birth tag and print a Journal report with that person as the subject or as a child, his photo is in the Journal report sent to Word.

There are many possibilities here and you're going to need to elaborate in order to pin down the conditions responsible for the missing images.

You didn't provide enough information. What are the photos linked to? Are they primary person photos? Have you used the correct report options? Etc. You need to describe all of the conditions involved. Is the issue the data or the report definition? Have you tried resetting the report definition to default and making as few changes as possible to send a Journal report with images to Word and then see if the images are present?

If I go to a person with a primary person image and delete that person's Birth tag and print a Journal report with that person as the subject or as a child, his photo is in the Journal report sent to Word.

There are many possibilities here and you're going to need to elaborate in order to pin down the conditions responsible for the missing images.

Jim

They are primary person photo's. I must have all the correct settings, I'm getting hundreds of the other photo's that have at least a birth tag or death tag.

If I add, say, a spouse to a person and only have a marriage tag, date etc on that tag only and generate a journal of at least one gen back, I will not see that photo in the journal.

When I add a birth or death tag and have at least the country in the tag I will then see the photo in the journal.

If I attach that photo to the marriage tag I will see it in the journal. But I don't want it there.

My work around for this is I have added a birth tag for each of them with a country called "somewhere" then after the journal is generated I do a search and remove those "XXX was born at somewhere"

I hope this will help locate the little bug

Thanks Jim for replying

Kenny,

OK. Your description is very precise. Unfortunately, it's not a bug. The spouse events section will only appear for a spouse if that spouse has at least one name or event tag that would be included in the spouse section. A photo alone won't work as you found out. The photo is included in the report positioned in relation to the spouse paragraph. No spouse paragraph, no photo. Once you add any single tag such as your dummy Birth tag, the spouse events paragraph will be generated and the photo will be included.

Jim