LornaHenderson

PE sort not sorting

I had this a while ago on a temporary project, but didn't spend any time investigating. Thinking back, it could be the same cause as I would have filtered it by dataset.

Attached is a screen shot showing my PE supposedly sorted by birth date, but resolutely sorted by ID instead.

I wonder if this is because of the filter? Removing the filter it appears to be sorted by birthdate, but that isn't much help when I'm trying to sort out all my Robert RICHARDSONs. This filter is for surname x given y.

Can anyone reproduce this?

TMG6v4SortOrderBug.doc

There is a bug sorting the PE whether filtered or not. If you change the sort, the result is wrong. Open any name tag in the list and click [OK]. When the PE is resorted, it will be sorted correctly. Is that what you are seeing?

What I just described has been reported.

There is a bug sorting the PE whether filtered or not. If you change the sort, the result is wrong. Open any name tag in the list and click [OK]. When the PE is resorted, it will be sorted correctly. Is that what you are seeing?

What I just described has been reported.

Sorry Jim, didn't realise I hadn't replied to this until I went to find what the current status of sorting PE was.

Yes, this describes what I'm experiencing, thanks for the work around.

(The last edited person (or name?) still ends up at the top regardless of where s/he should be in the sort order though, but that's been a long standing buglet)