Michael Hannah

Bug? in Individual Narrative report

Possible this is two different bugs, one concerning internal text

exhibits, and one concerning the Mother relationship source.

Can anyone else reproduce these errors? They are reliably reproducible for me. I did not find anything in the Forum or on this list that seemed to be a similar bug report.

Summary

Individual Narrative report options gives different results for a source cited for the Mother relationship. Citation Memo for Father always prints, but Citation Memo for Mother sometimes does not print even though the source (and source template) is the same for Mother and Father. Some source options produce other errors associated with an internal text exhibit, including inability to produce the report.

Details

I am using Version 6.04 Gold on W2K, and have run VFI, reindex, optimize, and even restarted multiple times just to be sure.

I have a source which I have cited while in the child Person View for both the primary Father and Mother relationship. The source and citation details are identical for Mother and Father, but the citation memos are different. The source template output format has "<.>." at the end of both the Full Footnote and Short Footnote, although the rest of the formats differ.

I now print an Individual Narrative with various options for the sources. The following options are fixed for all cases. The IN subject is the Current Focus Person, and prints to File (similar results shown below whether using RTF or Word for Windows 2000 or later). General option is no threshold, include blank surety. Memos not included in the sentence are Footnotes not selecting name, relationship or witnessed. Exhibits are endnotes selecting internal, external, copy, reference, center, with caption, and event, with primary image. Publication Tools Bibliography selected but not Table of Contents. Selected tags, but including all possible name tags. Do not show either excluded or sensitive data.

For source options, I always have the following options set for all the variations tried below: do not supress CD, do not show surety, do not show excluded citations, include Name source, include Relationship sources.

Tried the following variations on the remaining source options with the following mixed results. No changes of any kind to the database or other options between printing each of these variations.

First with output to RTF:

Endnotes, but not unique, disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM prints

Endnotes, unique, disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM prints

Endnotes, but not unique, do not disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM not print

Endnotes, unique, do not disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM prints

Endnotes, but not unique, combine: Mother CM prints, but second half of the paragraph prints as part of an exhibit in the endnote following the text "[:MEMO]" which must be produced by the report writer since it is neither in the exhibit nor in my sentences.

Endnotes, unique, combine: Conversion error # 13: Source file discrepancy. Zero length file created

Footnotes, disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM prints

Footnotes, do not disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM not print

Footnotes, combine: Mother CM prints, but second half of the paragraph prints as part of an exhibit in a footnote (NOT an endnote) following the text "[:MEMO]" which must be produced by the report writer since it is neither in the exhibit nor in my sentences.

Now with output to Word for Windows 2000 or later:

Endnotes, but not unique, disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM prints

Endnotes, unique, disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM prints

Endnotes, but not unique, do not disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM not print

Endnotes, unique, do not disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM prints

Endnotes, but not unique, combine: Mother CM exists in the balloon of the the combined Father/Mother footnote, but second half of the paragraph does not print following the footnote superscript for which is similar to the above combining with the exhibit. When mouse over the superscript for the last displayed footnote to see the baloon, WinWord produces a fatal error and exits.

Endnotes, unique, combine: Conversion error # 13: Source file discrepancy. Zero length file created.

Footnotes, disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM prints

Footnotes, do not disable ibid, do not combine: Mother CM not print

Footnotes, combine: Mother CM exists in the balloon of the the combined Father/Mother footnote, but second half of the paragraph does not print following the footnote superscript for which is similar to the above combining with the exhibit. When mouse over the superscript for the last displayed footnote to see the baloon, WinWord produces a fatal error and exits.