I ran a second test, reinstalling 6.04 and doing a fresh upgrade to .05 and did not get the problem.  So both a full install of 6.05 and also a fresh upgrade from .04 to .05 fixed it for me.  Maybe the fact you are both using the UK version is making a difference.

Virginia

Virginia,

I'd noted this thread, but until just now, it hadn't applied.

I'm not sure exactly what error msge I got, but I had been adding Name-Var tags using Ctrl+V successfully, and alt+tabbing back to the Name-Var, Enter, arrow up to Name-Nick, quite happily with no errors.

Then, instead, I clicked on the Name-Var to change it to Name-nick, and locked up completely after I'd arrowed up to the Name-Nick on the tag type list.

Had to "check for an update" to get out, (after I'd chosen Abort, not Ignore) and on going back in, notice that I have an empty Name-Var tag sitting there with no name in it, and a citation to source "0" sitting there.

I've successfully corrected it back to Name-Nick, added the name and overwritten the 0 citation, using the keyboard, not the mouse this time.

Then I experimented with the same tag, clicked with the mouse on Name-Nick, clicked on Name-marr, fine.

Clicked on the Name-Marr in the tag entry screen, then tried clicking on Name-nick again to bring it back to what I wanted..

Property RLNOWSENTENCE is not found 146 FRMTTL.CMDOK.CLICK

came up, which I was allowed to Ignore.

So the trick appears to me to be to use the mouse, and Ignore an error message rather than Abort one.

Hope this helps.

Virginia,

I'd noted this thread, but until just now, it hadn't applied.

I'm not sure exactly what error msge I got, but I had been adding Name-Var tags using Ctrl+V successfully, and alt+tabbing back to the Name-Var, Enter, arrow up to Name-Nick, quite happily with no errors.

Then, instead, I clicked on the Name-Var to change it to Name-nick, and locked up completely after I'd arrowed up to the Name-Nick on the tag type list.

Had to "check for an update" to get out, (after I'd chosen Abort, not Ignore) and on going back in, notice that I have an empty Name-Var tag sitting there with no name in it, and a citation  to source "0" sitting there.

I've successfully corrected it back to Name-Nick, added the name and overwritten the 0 citation, using the keyboard, not the mouse this time.

Then I experimented with the same tag, clicked with the mouse on Name-Nick, clicked on Name-marr, fine.

Clicked on the Name-Marr in the tag entry screen, then tried clicking on Name-nick again to bring it back to what I wanted..

Property RLNOWSENTENCE is not found 146 FRMTTL.CMDOK.CLICK

came up, which I was allowed to Ignore.

So the trick appears to me to be to use the mouse, and Ignore an error message rather than Abort one.

Hope this helps.

Hi, Lorna

It's rare that someone beats you to finding a bug, but that came up on tmg-l last night, has been reported, and should be fixed in the next upgrade. It applies to all name and relationship tags. As you found, if you click Ignore you can continue. Do not click Abort!

Thanks -

Virginia

This problem is re-occurring in the latest release of TMG (6.07.000). I hope there is an update soon to correct it as it is really bugging me since I am making a lot of changes to name types.