Emy

Adding sources and research tasks

Is there a way to add several research tasks at once? I.e. either adding a group of research tasks to one person, or adding one research task to a group of persons?

I am finding it tedious to add research tasks one at a time.

Also, why does one have to add a new source to the master source list before that source can be used in a research task? Why can't you add a new source to the master source list in the process of creating a research task? If I start to add a research task and want to link it to a new source, I cannot just click on the binoculars next to source in the add research task screen. If I do so, I discover that "add" is not an option at this point. I have to go to tools, master source list, add the source via that route, then go back to linking the source to the research task. Is there a reason that one cannot add a new source while adding a research task or am I doing something wrong?

No, but wouldn't it be nice. John Cardinals Utitilty can create mutiple tags, but not multiple tasks. If you create the tag and then attach the research task, then copy the tag, it will attach the task to the new tag too.

No, but wouldn't it be nice. John Cardinals Utitilty can create mutiple tags, but not multiple tasks. If you create the tag and then attach the research task, then copy the tag, it will attach the task to the new tag too.

Thanks for the information. I had not known of John Cardinal's TMG Utility. Could you please provide a little clarification? Do you copy the tag within TMG or within the Utility program?

Thanks,

Emily

Emy,

To use John's utility to create the tags, you first have to create a txt file that is formated correctly. Examples are on John's website.

To copy the tag within TMG, you just have to use Add>Copy Tag. YOu then open the tag, and put in the correct ID number.