dsc8w

Installing US and UK versions

Having recently suffered from 2 Computer crashes I have been reinstalling all my various programmes.

If as I now have 3 different Hard disks (2 within and 1 outside) my PC and the Hard Drives are Partitioned is there a possibility that I can reinstall TMG version 6 in both the US and UK but on seperate drives safely.

Kind Regards

David

...is there a possibility that I can reinstall TMG version 6 in both the US and UK but on seperate drives safely.

Sure. You'll notice that when you install TMG, on the first screen, there are alternates to install for 'all users' or for a single user (or different single users if you have more than one).

You install one installation for 'all users' and after that is done, you install a second installation for a single user.

Each installation needs to be to a different program folder location. And you will need to unlock each installation when run for the first time.

Be aware that each installation has different settings for paths and the configuration files (app.ini) for the installations will differ and you must be aware and maintain that difference. Other files such as layouts can be used in either installation.

Running two installations is straightforward but requires a certain amount of discipline and awareness of the differences between the two.

Many thanks for your advice. I know it maybe early days but is there any real significance between the two types of runnings.

In terms of TMG functionality? None at all.

There is an issue of access to the installation depending on operating system privileges for different users if an 'all users' installation is located in a privileged folder such as Program Files (discussed in a different topic in this section).