Shaundm

Descendant Narrative

I have joined a DNA study for my name. They require me to compile a Descendant Narrative report. However it needs to be in a particular format as per the attached example. However whenevr I use the TMG report I get a lot more information in the text rather than just the BMD dates on each line as the example.

Is there a simple way to get the report similar (I beleive the one attached used FTM)

All my info is in TMG and I don't really want to go through & manually enter the infomation, as the info is in TMG, I just need to extract it correctly.

The example attached exported TMG to GEDCOM, then imported GEDCOM to FTM.

Heres hoping to saving me a lot of time...

Regards

Shaun

Muddock_William.htm

Edited by Shaundm

You can limit the report to BMD tags by going to the Tags tab in Options, and specifying "Selected" tags. Then, in the list that appears, select only the tag types you want included.

If you want to replicate the one entry per line format, you can do that too but it's a bit more complicated. Probably the easiest way is to make a copy of your Project (File > Copy Project, but you have to close the Project before you can copy it). Then, in the copy, edit the Sentence in the Master Tag Type List of the three tag types you will use to something like:

Birth: [:CR:]b.

Marriage: [:CR:]m. [PO],

Death: [:CR:]d.

Then run the report from that project.