dsc8w

TMG Repair utility

Dear One and All

I seem to recall that sometime ago there used to be a facility where one could run a utility programme that could repair TMG, should it go slightly array.

Is this still available for use with version 6.07 as I am getting some unusual messages.

David

Dear One and All

I seem to recall that sometime ago there used to be a facility where one could run a utility programme that could repair TMG, should it go slightly array.

Is this still available for use with version 6.07 as I am getting some unusual messages.

David

A similar feature is available in tmg 6.07 in File > Maintenance > Reindex, Optimize, and Validate File Integrity.

Any error messages you received are saved in the errror.txt file in the main tmg folder. If you post a copy here, it will give a clue to your problem.

Note that you will receive an error message when adding a tag if you are in Beginner mode in tmg 6.07. You can change to Advanced mode in Preferences > Program Options > Data Entry. Or if you prefer Beginner mode, you can safely Ignore the error message (it will be fixed in the next upgrade).

Virginia

A similar feature is available in tmg 6.07 in File > Maintenance >  Reindex, Optimize, and Validate File Integrity.

Any error messages you received are saved in the errror.txt file in the main tmg folder.  If you post a copy here, it will give a clue to your problem.

Note that you will receive an error message when adding a tag if you are in Beginner mode in tmg 6.07.  You can change to Advanced mode in Preferences > Program Options > Data Entry.  Or if you prefer Beginner mode, you can safely Ignore the error message (it will be fixed in the next upgrade).

Virginia

Virginia

Many thanks for your response. I am hoping this attachment of the file shows up for you to look-at. It all started after I accidently made the "Baptismal Record" a Primary Source Type, which I would like to reverse but don't know how to.

I look forward to your response.

David

Error.txt