LornaHenderson

awol citation on history tag

I thought I was imagining this, but have been forced to believe that a citation on one of my tags keeps disappearing on me.

I have a custom History tag Hist-Memo, in the History group. (Normally I would have created a role on the existing tag for a changed sentence, but you can't do that for History ones)

A while ago I noticed the citation was missing and put it back, thinking I'd just not entered it, although I can remember searching for the source, and I did think this was highly unlikely.

After putting it back, I monitiored it for a while, thru assorted VFI, optimise routines etc, and it stayed put. Then I forgot about it.

Last night I regenerated my pages, and it was gone again. So I put it back, ran VFI (no problems found) and Optimise (heaps of space reclaimed), and it is still there - again.

It shows up on the web against my Honor DAWE, so I know it was there last time I posted my web pages (22nd March).

Of course, I've absolutely no way of knowing what I may have done to trigger this, but will keep monitoring it.

Just reporting that it's now 30 April, I'm trying to update my web pages, and I noticed that the #&(*&(% citation has yet again disappeared.

I've been back thru the backups I've taken between the above 5th April and now.

The citation is still there on an 8th april full backup, and on the 12th April cycling backup, but gone by the 17th's cycling backup.

Running a report on the 17th file for all those people with a last edit date after 12 Apr showed 146 people, none of whom are the id affected.

I cannot think of a single thing out of the ordinary about these people, or the time period concerned.

The backups concerned are 11meg each but if anyone wants them to see if any clues can be spotted, please let me know, I've earmarked them not to be overwritten.

Well, I put the citation back on the 30th April, have just regenerated my web pages and remembered to check if it was still there. No, it's gone again.

A VFI run earlier today showed no problems found. Haven't time just now to go back through the backups and find when it vanished, but I remember checking it was still there after I upgraded to 6.09

I have had similar occurrences with History Tags when I use the Copy Person feature. The citations on the original and the copy (which is actually the same tag with both as witnesses) disappear. Anyone have a fix?

I have had similar occurrences with History Tags when I use the Copy Person feature. The citations on the original and the copy (which is actually the same tag with both as witnesses) disappear. Anyone have a fix?

No fix to report Mike, but I'm reasonably sure I've not copied either of the two people attached to one of the History tags this disappearing citation occurs on. The other tag, I'd not be so sure of.

Whatever is causing mine it must be something I do regularly, as I put them back last week and they've gone again.

I have done a lot of census work in the last week, which usually involves copying siblings.

So I ran a test:

I put back the citations on both history tags.

And then I monitored a copy person.

The person I copied was NOT attached to either of the history tags.

Lo and behold, the citations on both history tags had disappeared again.

QED?

No fix to report Mike, but I'm reasonably sure I've not copied either of the two people attached to one of the History tags this disappearing citation occurs on. The other tag, I'd not be so sure of.

Whatever is causing mine it must be something I do regularly, as I put them back last week and they've gone again.

I have done a lot of census work in the last week, which usually involves copying siblings.

So I ran a test:

I put back the citations on both history tags.

And then I monitored a copy person.

The person I copied was NOT attached to either of the history tags.

Lo and behold, the citations on both history tags had disappeared again.

QED?

I can replicate that, Lorna (and Mike). Looks like it's Copy Person - and targeting the History tag. It's been reported.

Virginia

I can replicate that, Lorna (and Mike). Looks like it's Copy Person - and targeting the History tag. It's been reported.

Virginia

tht's great Virginia, this little puzzle has been bugging me for quite some time, now you see it, now you don't.

Great to have it pegged down and confirmed, and once it's fixed I can go back and put the full citation on again as opposed to the rather brief one I've been re-attaching knowing it will get loast.