I am running TMG 6.08 and I recently tried to Optimize. I have 66,000 names in my project but it took just over 16 hours. I tired again today and left it running while I was out; six hours later it was only at 33% completed.

I am running a AMD K7 2500+ with 1Gbyte of 333Mhz DDR RAM. I have Windows 2000Pro and there were no other programs running at the time.

I thought that it might be the machine, so I copied the project to my laptop. It's been running for about half an hour and has now reached 2% completion. That's not much difference in the speed. The laptop is a COMPAQ Athlon XP processor 2800+ with 512MB DDRSDRAM running Windows XP.

Anybody else experiencing anything similar? Anybody know how to resolve this problem? Thanks.

Just since I installed 6.08. It would take a few minutes with 6.07 and earlier but not hours. I've run VFI and it was fine, perhapr 5-10 minutes.

Edited by mikemore

I know they added to it, so maybe just letting it run as long as it needs to the first time will speed it up there after. I'd definitely call tech support. Maybe there is something they can do to speed it up. 66,000 is a lot, but there are people who have a lot more than that.