Shaundm

Can not do anything except close TMG

Using v 6.03.00, every so often for no apparent reason, all of my drop down menus go grey so that i can not select anything. Even the close button is greyed out.

The only thing to do is click the x in the top right to close it down.

Any ideas how to fix this bug? I do run file maintenance very often.

Edited by Shaundm

Using v 6.03.00, every so often for no apparent reason, all of my drop down menus go grey so that i can not select anything.  Even the close button is greyed out.

Any ideas how to fix this bug?  I do run file maintenance very often.

The next time it happens, try 'Center the Current Window' on the Windows menu . Sometimes a window gets hidden behind the layout and is waiting for a response so the menus are dimmed 'Center the current window' will bring a hidden window to the forefront. Normally you only have to do that one time to fix the problem.

Virginia

The centre current window does not fix it. I have tried that many times before, as its one of the only few drop downs menus that work. Any other suggestions? All it does is move the window to the centre but everything still stays grey.

Using v 6.03.00, every so often for no apparent reason, all of my drop down menus go grey so that i can not select anything.

I'd suggest you upgrade to 6.08.000 - some of those issues have been fixed.

I'd suggest you upgrade to 6.08.000 - some of those issues have been fixed.

I thought about upgrading but i tend to not upgrade unless there is a specific feature that i require or it is essential, as with most upgrades minor glitches happen, and I am just a bit worried about something happening.

I suppose I will just have to live with it for a while longer.

Thanks

The next time it happens, try 'Center the Current Window' on the Windows menu .  Sometimes a window gets hidden behind the layout and is waiting for a response so the menus are dimmed  'Center the current window' will bring a hidden window to the forefront.  Normally you only have to do that one time to fix the problem.

Virginia

This sounds exactly like what's happened to me, and I've finally figured out what causes it. In the row of icons across the top, there's one with a man and a plus sign for "Add New Person". If you click on him, the menus gray-out. Solution: press the Esc button, and voila! everything comes back. No more rebooting! Hope this helps.

Carol

Using v 6.03.00, every so often for no apparent reason, all of my drop down menus go grey so that i can not select anything.  Even the close button is greyed out.

Any ideas how to fix this bug?  I do run file maintenance very often.

Try minimizing the window on top (if you have one) and see if there's anything underneath.

If you've tried anything with dual monitors undo it (in Windows display properties).

As Terry says upgrade - or at least, reinstall.

Dick

Still no joy. Escape does not work either. Am not using dual monitors either. Attached is screen shot. As you can see most is greyed out. At least the x works to close rather than crashing it out. Probably a glitch with my system.

TMG.doc